Thursday, February 27, 2014

On the Mend

 This past Fall, against Joe's wishes, I purchased a new dog, "my" dog.  I had been looking for a female Goldendoodle and they are hard to find and often there are waiting lists for puppies that have not even been born yet.  I finally found one in Missouri that would be ready to go home in October.  I thought the timing is perfect.  It is football season and I can get the dog and Joe will not even notice.  He tends to be preoccupied with football in October so I can bring the dog home and she will be part of the family before he even realizes she is there, ha. Sadie has been the best dog. I love her and the kids do too.

Two weeks ago Sadie became very sick.  Sadie is a great dog but she does like to chew on things, specifically socks.  Sadie must have swallowed Keylee's sock and it got stuck in her intestines. She became very sick and was not able to keep food or water down.  I finally took her to the veterinarian and they gave me many different options.  All of the options were very pricey.  After seeing the estimated costs for the proposed procedures, I felt like I was not going to be able to keep any food or water down. Sadie had to have surgery and 4 inches of her intestines had to be removed.  Part of her legs are shaved because of the IV they and to put in her.  Nonetheless, I will say this is the most expensive sock and dog we will ever own.  I am very glad that she is ok. I was very worried about her and I am not sure I can handle the loss of another dog.

The dog....The sock. The Veterinarian was kind enough to keep the sock and before handing it to me she said, "don't worry we bleached it." Hmmm, probably not going to use that sock again, but thanks.

No comments: