Thursday, March 8, 2012

We are going to miss her

Today was a hard day at our house. We said goodbye to Murphy a/k/a Murph-Murph. Joe and I got Murphy six months after we were married and she is 14 years old (15 yrs in June). We knew the day was coming as she had lost her vision and her back legs would often give out making it difficult for her to walk. It was very difficult to explain to the kids and they did not take it well. The picture below was taken just a few weeks ago. Lots of tears and sadness tonight.
Murphy 6/23/1997 - 3/8/2012

1 comment:

DD said...

Oh, Kitra. I'm so sorry to hear this. I remember taking care of Murphy (10 years ago!) when you and Joe lived in Topeka. Such a sweet dog. Some of the best decisions to make for pets are often times the hardest.