Saturday, November 12, 2011

The End - For Now

We won't see Joe throwing his hands in the air to signal touchdown for 9 more months as the Indians fell in the second round of play-offs to the Derby Panthers. It has undoubtedly been a great season with the team capturing their third consecutive Centennial League Title, third consecutive District Championship Title and ending each season 10-1. Joe has now completed his third year as head coach with a record of 30-3. I am so proud of Joe and not only for his record as head coach but also for the impact he has had on some many young lives. He truly cares about each and every player and I think that is what makes the loss against Derby so painful for him. I think it has been difficult each year not only to have one loss but for that loss to be a season-ending loss. I don't envy Joe for the pressure he is under to win each and every week. Joe puts in an incredible amount of time preparing each week. I am thankful that he has a great staff of assistant coaches who also put in a great deal of time preparing each week.Today was the first Saturday in four months that Joe has been at home when the kids woke up. Today is the first Saturday when he hasn't been so stressed out that he can actually enjoy the football games on television in the afternoon. Today is also the first Saturday where I could go grocery shopping without three kids (I had to throw that in). I know he is heart broken and time will help him with that but I also know he believes that many great memories were made this year by a great group of kids. I just hope he can now take some time to relax.

1 comment:

julie said...

We look forward to relaxing with you both! Great season, sorry we couldn't be there last night but sounded kind of painful...