Friday, October 7, 2011
Getting Caught Up
My last blog post was September 1, 2011, so I don't think a post one month later is all that bad. However, there has been plenty to post about since September 1, 2011, just not enough time to sit down and do it. So, I am going to combine some of the past month's events into one post. Here we go:
Manhattan High School Indians are now 5-0 and looking to go 6-0 tonight when they take on Highland Park. Unfortunately, Joe lost his starting quarterback in the second quarter of the game last Friday night but we are hoping some offensive changes will keep them on their winning streak.
A little over a week ago I was involved in an accident near Kira and Keenan's school. I had dropped off Kira and Keenan at school and also dropped of Keylee at day care when I noticed Kira left her map homework in the front seat of my car. I went around the block to run her homework back to her. As I was traveling north on Browning, in our (new) Buick Enclave, a Jeep Cherokee was traveling east on Dickens when the driver of the Jeep failed to stop (or even slow down) at the stop sign and blew through the intersection going about 40 to 45 mph. Since I was preparing to enter a school zone I had already decreased my speed but I could not get stopped and our cars collided with my car striking the right rear passenger side of his car. The impact made his car go airborne for about twenty-five (25) yards before finally landing on Dickens on its roof. In the above picture, you can see the Jeep on its top. Luckily there were no injuries. He was cited for failure to obey a traffic control device. I am without the Enclave for about three weeks due to about $8,500.00 worth of damage done. In the meantime, I am driving a rental car.
On September 11, 2011, I journeyed, with some friends, to Chicago to run the Chicago Half-Marathon. One year ago this Sunday, I ran the Chicago full marathon and can honestly say I enjoyed the full marathon so much more. Overall we had a great weekend! Now, I am training for the Rock-n-Roll which I will run in Las Vegas on December 4, 2011.
My sister and her husband have season tickets to the KSU games. Generally Joe and I do not attend the games because, quite honestly, I am footballed (not sure that is even a word) out by Saturday and like the down time at home. Plus, neither of us are KSU grads and don't quite bleed purple as others do around here. However, my sister and my parents, who also have season tickets, were unable to make the trip, so my other sister and her family came and we were all able to go to the game.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment