Friday, December 17, 2010
THESE ARE A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS
I attempted to attend a "Favorite Things" party last night. A friend organized a party where each person brought three identical items. Then, a name is drawn and that person shared their favorite things with three other people by drawing three names out of a bag and sharing a short story as to why the item they brought is their favorite thing. It was a fun and different idea so I thought I would attend the party. My friend Julie picked me up. I am already running late. I made one trip out to her car with a bag, which I believed to be durable as it had a cardboard bottom, with three bottles of wine. The three bottles of wine represented my favorite thing. I run back into my house to get the buffalo chicken dip I made for an appetizer. Finally, Julie and I start toward out destination in Aggieville to meet up with the other party-goers. We park, I throw the bag of wine over my shoulder, I grab the buffalo chicken dip and off we go. Then, I hear a "boom, boom, boom". Yes, it was the sound of shattering glass. Shattering wine bottles to be exact. So, my favorite things were now shattered in the alley (near Starbucks so be careful when going down that alley). I looked down to examine the glass and thought . . . . this just sums up my week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Seriously Kitra, can't stop thinking about you, I love this wine! Probably some drunk alley cats right now, thanks for coming, love your attitude and great sense of humor:)!
I had to stop Kitra from licking the ground. I didn't want her to cut her tongue, that glass was everywhere.
Oh, Kit! I'm surprised you didn't run back to the store wherever the bag came from and demanded they buy you 3 more bottles because of their shotty bag. ;p
Post a Comment