Tuesday, November 26, 2013

She is 6!

Keylee is 6 years old.  Her birthday was actually 11/14 but with all the chaos I have not posted birthday pics.  Keylee asked for bitty baby twins from American Girl Doll.  
Keylee took cake-pops  for her treats at school and they were delicious. I learned that my neighbor who owns 4-Cakes makes cake-pops and many other great desserts.  The class sang Happy Birthday and Keylee seemed to enjoy the day and the added attention she received. I have no idea where time goes. I can hardly believe she is six years old. It seems like yesterday that we brought her home from the hospital. We are so thankful for her and her sweet smile, hugs and genuinely kind heart.
On Keylee's birthday,  I took the kids out of school a little early to head to Topeka for an event at Barnes and Noble.  Jan Brett was there for a book signing and a demonstration on her illustrations for her new book Cinders. Kira has been writing back and forth with Jan Brett for years. The kids were happy to see Hedgie who appears in several Jan Brett books.
 Below is Jan demonstrating how she draws a Chicken like those in her new book Cinders. Kira actually videoed it, in case anyone is interested as I am sure Kira would be more than happy to share the video.
 The kids in front of the Jan Brett bus.  
After this picture we headed to Freddy's Frozen Custard to get some custard treats. We ate in the car and sang Happy Birthday to Keylee all the way home getting back to Manhattan just in time to drop the older two kids off at basketball practice.  It was a full, but fun, day.

1 comment:

julie said...

That's awesome! I had no idea that event took place. Megan will love to see the video I'm sure, very cool. Keylee is so sweet but how is she 6 already?!