Wednesday, August 14, 2013

55th Wedding Anniversary Celebration

As always my post is delayed.  We traveled back to Dodge City the weekend of August 3rd to celebrate my parents' 55th Wedding Anniversary. The weekend was pack with activities.  I tried not to do picture overload here: 

Horseback Riding
As always this is Kira's favorite activity.  She would have been happy riding horses the entire weekend. 
Keenan and my nephew, Gage
A picture of some of the men supervising the horseback riding

 Forget Me Not Dairy
My sister, Tamie, organized a trip and tour to a local dairy just west of Dodge City.  The dairy facility was huge and actually very impressive.  I am a little surprised, after seeing the facility, that my kids still want to drink milk.

Not all, but most of the family, arrived soon enough to attend the tour.  We are missing my sister, Tisha and Susan in the picture below.
 This picture just made me laugh.  This is my great-nephew, Briggs.  He was chowing down on a brownie waiting on his turn to ride the horses.  He was not about to let a single crumb hit the ground.


Dodge City Days Rodeo
 On Friday night we attended The Dodge City Days Rodeo which was an annual tradition when I was growing up.  The kids have been back to Dodge for the rodeo before and always seem to enjoy it.  The weather was nice this year. I remember some years in the past the heat has been too much.

Family Dinner
We had a family dinner at "The Cow Town" restaurant.  The theme of Dodge City Days was mustache so my niece, Shelbie, made mustache cut-outs for the family.
 My niece, Shelbie also made a cupcake cake for my parents.  Obviously she is very talented and creative (and she is a great singer).  I am pretty sure she didn't get any of those traits from the Peugh side of the family. ha.

Family Photograph
Finally we had the large family photo.  I am surprised how we managed to get 27 people all looking at the camera at the same time.  The picture isn't perfect but it did turn out pretty good.  
It was a fun and memorable weekend.

No comments: