Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lent and Easter

This past Christmas our church, St. Thomas More, gave the book below out free after Mass. Ever since Christmas I have been meaning to read the book. When looking back over the years I struggle to remember what I gave up for Lent each year. I can barely remember what I "gave up" last year. Most people ask, "what did you give up for Lent?" I always explain that it is not necessarily about giving something up but it can also be about taking something on or just adding something to your life. I decided during Lent instead of "giving something up" I was going to make time to read this book. Next time I try to remember what I did for Lent I will remember because this book was unforgettable. There were a lot of good take-aways from the book that I can transfer into so many areas of my work, family and religious life. Easter Sunday: Keenan hates to dress up and convincing him to get in khaki pants and a button up shirt is torture. He did manage to smile for the picture below but it wasn't without some bribery.
Keylee loved the Easter Bunny at brunch. She ate one waffle and spent the rest of the time looking for the Easter Bunny to come around the tables.
Kira tolerated the Easter Bunny and managed to smile for a picture but Keenan isn't pictured because he would rather not be bothered by the Easter Bunny at brunch while working on his third plate of food. Priorities.

No comments: