Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Already??

Christmas came early, as it always does, at our house. We are headed back to Dodge City for a few days to spend time with family so Santa decided to stop by before we left. This Christmas seasons seems to be exceptionally busy. I still cannot believe it is really Christmas. Where did time go? I have been trying to keep up but I am certain I did not get everything done that needed to be done at home and at work. Oh well, it is time to enjoy the time with family and to reflect on the true reason for the season. This was the year for electronics. Kira-iPad, Keenan-iPod Touch and Keylee-LeapPad (with a new American Girl Doll). The LeapPad was a last minute purchase from a friend who had purchased several and had one to get rid of. It was a huge hit with Keylee and she was super surprised.
The kids have all been asking for the Reebok ZigZag shoes. I have not wanted to buy them in the past because the shoes seem so heavy. Personally, I hate heavy shoes. Nonetheless, I broke down and we gave them new kicks for Christmas.
On Sunday we attended a Santa Brunch. The kids came face-to-face with the "big man" and were able to make their last pitch for why they deserve the items on their list.
We attended a holiday dinner at a friend's home who had gingerbread houses for the kids to make. At first, I thought she was crazy to take that on with all the kids but it actually worked out well and the kids loved the group project.
This was Keenan's finished house. He was pretty proud of it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

don't tell Xander about the ipad, told him it wasn't in santa's budget:)