Monday, August 22, 2011

The Falcon meets the Spider

Joe's brother, James, an Air Force Academy graduate (Air Force Falcons), captured himself a Richmond, VA graduate, Rachel (Richmond Spiders) They were united in marriage in Rochester, NY on August 20, 2011. They had the most delicious sugar cookies with falcons and spiders on them. (Joe would not know about how good the cookies were because I ate them both, ha) Joe and I made a super quick trip that was worth every minute. My parents stayed with and spoiled our kids in Manhattan. When I called home to check on things Kira told me, "Don't worry Mom Grandma and Umpa are perfect."
The happy couple (James and Rachel)
Parents of the Groom (a/k/a Grammy and Papa) We had a great time spending time with them at the wedding.
Joe with his siblings and Rachel (L to R: Jeri, James, Jackie, Joe, Toni and Mike)
I am with Mike's wife Tammy and Joe's sisters Toni and Jackie as we wait for the shuttle since we missed the shuttle we were suppose to take (imagine that). Joe's sister Jeri is not pictured because she sang at the wedding and managed to get to the church a little early to practice.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm so glad this Spider found her Falcon! Thanks for making the quick trip to NY.. it wouldn't have been the same without you. (And I agree, those cookies were not only cute they tasted GREAT! Thanks to Hello Sugar in Rochester, NY!. James and I ate the leftovers on the plane.)